Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What if we were boys? What if?

Hey...
So, going on the theme of Beyonce's song 'if I were a boy' recently got me thinking....what if girls were boys? Obviously, the human race would pretty much die, but besides that...what if there were no such thing as girls? What would happen?
Here are my thoughts...if we did the whole typical thing, which means that girls would be cleaning and cooking, who would be cooking and cleaning? From my personal experience, I have not seen many men who can cook and clean...and if I think about it, men would die out, assuming that evolution does not help enough and men cannot adjust to this, hygenie would be one of the causes of death, then starvation, or food posioning, because the meatwas not cooked enough. I am basically going on assumptions here in the caveman period. But if we go through time and men somehow survived, I guess there would be a lot less money because only men exist, and only men are working, so there would be more money to give (yep, women are STILL being paid less then men, even just a few cents an hour would make a major difference) there would be a lot more violence, because recent reports show that there is a huge amount of men in prison, and barely any women (pretty much hundred compared to hundreds of thousands) So, there would be chaos and deaths, and of course men complaining about how hard life is. Women go through quite a lot, and still do all they do, jobs around the house, working full time and taking care of the kids while the man just sits on his butt and talksabout how hard his day was, all the hard work he had to do, all while the full-time business woman cooks a meal. This is stero-typical, and this needs to stop, as the thought that I could have this life...well, it makes me think....what if that happens to me? It was not the future I saw myself having when I was a little girl, dreaming about a marriage and children.
And I'm the lucky girl in the world; I was bought up in a well-off academic family in a western society, who strongly believe in gender equality... but there is still that possibilty... what if I am expected to do all the housework? And I have so much better off than hundred of millions, even perhaps billions, of girls who have it so much more worse, I can't imagine having their lives, the discrimination that they feel in their lives everyday.

Sincerly,
Writer #1

No comments:

Post a Comment